Friday, February 21, 2014

February plans for MGAM–“The People” Paper Pattern Service 581

 

odhamsPeople581-002

 

I’m running very late with this. There are good reasons: upgrading my work website clearlyedited.com and an editing, words and books blog at clearlyedited.wordpress.com. A shameless bit of link dropping – but I’m just so glad I’m nearly finished with only some minor (and probably endless) tweaking to go.

I’ve successfully avoided Wordpress until now, largely because I find their constant efforts to upsell  annoying. I appreciate that they need to make money, but really – $30 for a font or colour change?  I was getting so frustrated with the limitations of the free templates, I was nearly tempted. Nearly. I donated the $30 to a Mary River Turtle hatchling instead.

Back to “The People” 581. I obtained this from the UK. It’s undated but obviously from the 1950s. Inside, I found an old newspaper clipping advertising the pattern for ‘the spring bride’:

odhamsPeople581-002Ad

It’s not long until the end of February, so I’ll do the panties. Once I’ve finished, I’ll post a collection of notes and tips for choosing a vintage panties pattern, or drafting your own.

1 comment:

  1. You have a great blog. With the BloggerContest.com you are a candidate to win with your website or blog, promote your web page, win prizes and promotions. With the support of our sponsors via we organize our blog competition for the first time in 2017. You can learn more about participation from our website.
    You can join, the applications are ongoing.


    Web : http://www.bloggercontest.com
    Mail : contact@bloggercontest.com
    Pbx : +440694802050

    ReplyDelete